Thursday, October 16, 2008

He never stops!!

Kohen started scooting a week or so ago which wasn't bad, but now he can crawl and fast!! I left him on my bedroom floor in front of the mirror to play while I finished my hair, before I could get the dryer out and on, I look down and he is trying to crawl up my leg! AAHH! He is insame, he never stops!! Now his new thing is to crawl under things. First it was the coffee table, he would crawl underneath it and knock everything around he could find. Then he was not only knocking things down, we found him gnawing on the edge of the table!! Yeah like a have a freaking puppy or something. I know he is teething and all, but no one told me he was going to chew on things!! All my furniture has Kohen's little chomper marks all over it now including my legs if I don't pick him up fast enough!! (he gets impatient when he can't pull himself up and starts digging his chompers into whatever he is holding ie. my leg or arm!
Now he likes to crawl under his exersauser and play which is good, I don't care if he wants to chew on that but of course, he doesn't want to!
Here is his step by step.
Happy he sees a hut to crawl under and trys to get all his toys to take with him...

Has his hands full of his puzzle and takes a few balls with him.

Gets bored, now skips the gnawing of the furniture and decides to come out the other side.

Gets caught on the little ledge and high centers himself and starts screaming until I come and rescue him.

Trys to pull himself up on his toy, falls 3 times before finally getting up and now doesn't know what to do. He could try playing with some of the toys he finally reached...

Oh no! He would rather reach for me because he wants to be held while he plays with his toys.

And down he goes because he couldn't quite reach me :(

He is so stinkin cute. But I'm waiting for the day he can play by himself and not need me right by his side to be happy and able to play with his toys! I've been waiting 8 months and it still hasn't happened so I'm beginning to think it's a lost cause! People tell me to just let him cry which I have tried and I do let him do sometimes but one look in those sad puppy eyes and he has me wrapped around that pint size pinky!!! I love that little man.

5 comments:

Raquel said...

That's a fun stage when they're into everything! But it's so cute that he's exploring everything and sometimes you have to taste things too!

Grant and Alli said...

He's such a sweetie! Who would keep ya on your toes?? thanks for coming on Thursday! I'm excited for the bunco group....

Our Family said...

With Kannon he never did reach the "play by himself" phase (not yet anyways). He still follows me around the house and if I leave the room he's in, he will scream like a girl. lol They are so much fun, huh?

Unknown said...

Hey Nikki,
I am glad you told me you had a blog so I can see updated pictures of Kohen. He is so stinkin' cute! It was really fun to spend some time with you this weekend. And seriously, let me know when you want to do some more digital scrapbooking!

Our blog is tjfrey.blogspot.com

The Hawaiian Howells said...

I can not get enough of that child he is so flippen cute!!! He is progressing so fast it is fun to watch but sad because they grow up so fast. love meg

trav&nikki

trav&nikki
My love and I in sunny Seattle
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker