Sunday, September 21, 2008

Could it be?

So I'm sitting in church with Kohen as he is screaming (which is nothing new for us, that kid does not sit still and is only silent when he is sleeping) And Cynthia (Trav's cute aunt) slips me some bread she had stashed for her own kids, so I start ripping it apart and shoving little pieces into Kohen's mouth to keep him quiet. I rubbed my fingers along his bottom gums as I was putting it in there and I felt something rough. I just thought WOW I haven't felt his little gums before they feel wierd! So Trav has to finally take him out (like we do every Sunday) So when I go to find them after sacrament, Trav says 'Chris found Kohen's first tooth' I was really confused, I thought they were playing a trick on me, like Chris had found a little kids tooth on the ground and was pretending it was Kohen's and was going to whip it out of his pocket or something... (just a little note: you have to know Trav and Chris to realize why I would have such a random and ridiculous thought like that) anyway I sat there dumbfounded racking my brain trying to figure out what they were saying, Finally I put it together... could that weird feeling in Kohen's mouth be a tooth? No, I've heard babies are so naughty, get runny noses, have diarreah, and even run a fever when they get teeth, and he has had none of these, so I stuck my finger in his mouth again to rub it. It was only rough in that one spot on the bottom. Of course I try to look in there and he just sticks that crazy tongue out of his whenever you touch near his mouth. I finally got a shot of his bottom gums and there it was!! KOHEN REALLY DID SPROUT HIS FIRST TOOTH!!! What the heck? It just sprouted overnight? I'm freaking out just a little because now I'm nervous that he is going to look like a snaggle tooth with one little lopsided tooth! And plus does teeth or even A tooth qualify your kid to the toddler stage? This means no more nursing right? That would be fabulous for me, but Kohen won't take formula... This will change his whole look which I'm not ready for? I never thought a tooth would be such a big deal but this tooth sprouting has me really bugged! Maybe I should just knock it out?

7 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, Nikki, you are sooooo funny. Kohen is just going to be more handsome than ever. As for the nursing thing, good luck with that.

Drew and Randi said...

Shut up!! he has a tooth already!! oh my gosh!! what a little man!!

Our Family said...

You are too funny! I was the same way. I loved his gummy smile and luckily for me, he didn't get his first tooth until after he turned one. I'm not sure about the nursing thing, because I didn't nurse. But he definitely is NOT a toddler. Kannon will be two the first of Oct. and HE IS still A BABY until that day. According to me. :)

The Hawaiian Howells said...

I can not believe this ha ha ha whatch out nikki!!! j\k. this is crazy carson has no teeth. kohen is so cute though and I cant wait to see him with just one little tooth. love meg

Grant and Alli said...

You are so funny!! Oh man he is growing up so fast.. I wish they would just stop!!

Lynn -n- Trisha said...

Wow! I am glad Trav kept you from getting braces put on him. He is the man. I only hope he bites hard at anything put into his mouth. Love ya Kohen! You can now eat hotdogs on the turn after 9 holes.

Anonymous said...

bam!

trav&nikki

trav&nikki
My love and I in sunny Seattle
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker