Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back in Peoria

Ok, so here we are back in Peoria once again. I know 3 times in a year might be excessive but I figure now that I have a baby I can blame my homesickness (mom and daddy sickness that is) on Kohen wanting to see them. (nice excuse huh?) Anyway, my mom is turning half a century this month (sorry for spilling the age ma) so I thought it would be fun to suprise her. My dad had to drag her to the airport late Wednesday night. He had told her that one of their Elders that was suppose to come out and didn't was finally going to come out. She was so excited to get him that she was driving dad a little crazy. She was planning on where they would send this Elder to serve and who his comp would be, she was trying to get his medical records ready and many other hectic things that they have to get ready when a new missionary is coming out... so pretty much the whole mission had to be in on our suprise because she just kept trying to get ready for this Elder. She wasn't feeling well and was running a fever so she just tole dad to go and pick him up but dad was being stubborn and had to stand their until she rolled off the couch to get in the car. We finally got off the plane it took a little while because they didn't get my car seat onto the second plane (just my luck) so I was trying to figure out when it could get here. Anyway, I turned the corner and was walking toward them (the airport is super small) I was staring right at my mom and she was staring at me but not saying anything or acting suprised so I figured the suprise had been ruined, someone must have slipped. So I just kept walking toward them until I was right in front of her, then finally KKOHENNN!! She was staring right at me and didn't recognize me until I practically stop in front of her and she look down at Kohen and noticed him and then looked back up at me again and noticed me. She was screaming and laughing. It was so hilarious. She said she was just looking for an Elder in a suit so she wasn't paying too much attention to us. It was so funny. (I did cut my hair really short since I have last seen them so that helped with the suprise factor) I was so glad that the suprise had stayed a secret and she was suprised!! We are having lots of fun, here are a few pics for now, I'll post more later when we get home!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!
(I have no idea who that guy was but he seemed to enjoy the suprise too :)

This is my mom's suprised face when she finally recognized it was Kohen and not her Elder.

...Grandpa and Kohen reunite...It was a LLOONNGG trip again, poor Kohen looks like a rug rat because the air was out on our last flight so I had to strip him naked to calm him down plus he had rice cereal ALL over his face and clothes and all over me!

Kohen absolutely LOVES to suck on Grandma!! She is just so loveable.

4 comments:

Grant and Alli said...

Oh I am so glad you made it! Thats awsome your mom was so suprised! I hope you have a great time!!!!

Raquel said...

what a fun surprise! I'm glad you get to see them again. Tell your mom Happy Birthday from me!

Tanya said...

that picture with your mom is priceless...and hilarious!

Susanne said...

that is such an awesome surprise! I'm sure your parents were thrilled to see you and Kohen. He is so adorable.....still:)

trav&nikki

trav&nikki
My love and I in sunny Seattle
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker