Thursday, July 3, 2008

updating...



Wow, we haven't updated for a while. Who has time to sit in front of a computer when it's so nice outside. Ok, it might be a little too nice!! It's freaking hot out there. Anyway, Kohen has been sick the last week or so, with a fever and not pooping regularly so we've dealt with a not happy little boy. I'm sure all those who have babies know what I mean when I say your heart breaks when you hear them scream because something is wrong and you don't know what, why, or how to help them. It is the saddest thing ever! What was even worse was when we were at the docs and they had to do a catheter up his peepee. His eyes got huge and started bawling. This should not be allowed for little babies! They needed to run tests on his urine (which came back normal) then they sent us to do blood work. I don't know which one was worse to hold him through? The needle was huge compared to his lil' arm and it took forever, I think we had a nurse in training. If that still wasn't enough we had to give him his shots on Tuesday which threw his tempature through the roof again and his crankiness came back. One of his shots got infected so if you even came close to his leg he would give out the saddest little pout. :( Oh well, we got all that done and things have come back to normal so far, we're just waiting on his poop to come back from the lab to see if that was the problem. It has not been a fun week, but things are looking better. He's started sleeping through the night better than he did before he was sick so that is a positive! Probably cuz I have to drug the little man before he has to go to bed! Here's just a few pictures in his bumbo that he loves and his high chair. He loves to sit up and see what's going on, but won't sit on his own yet. He is quite stubborn... don't know where he gets that from? He has started rolling back and forth, which is sad he seems so old, especially around Alli's new baby Jordyn. He looks huge! He IS huge. While I'm updating I'll just say Dallas hit his one year mark last week (One more year to go) Mom and Dad hit their one year mark (two more slow years to go :(, and Cade is almost to his one year mark! Time is flying by this summer I can't believe how fast things have gone. Well, Happy Blogging!

4 comments:

Grant and Alli said...

Oh poor little guy!! Thats good all the tests came back normal...It really does break your heart when you don't know why their crying:(

Jamie said...

Man I thought I had it hard cause Hayden got his shots on Thursay and that was so sad! I can't even imagine what you had to go throught and even more what your poor little guy went through. I hope he feels better soon. Tell your parents I say hi!

~Tara said...

Nikki, Kohen is so dang cute!! I just want to squeeze him and hold him every minute!! That's too bad he has been sick. That's no fun :(

Simon C said...

Grateful for sharing thiis

trav&nikki

trav&nikki
My love and I in sunny Seattle
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker