Sunday, May 4, 2008

Meeting Grandpa

Kohen got to meet Grandpa for the first time last week. My parents are serving as mission presidents im Peoria, Illinois for 3 years. My mom got to come home for 10 days when Kohen was born but my dad has never seen him, so Trav let me go out and stay with them for 2 weeks while he finished up his finals. After a long awful day of flying and a 4 hour layover in the Vegas airport then a 3 hour flight to Peoria we finally made it to Grandpa. Grandpa was right at the doors we came out of waiting for us with a huge smile, even after our flight was delayed! He stole Kohen from me as fast as he could and started loving him and just gooing at him. Kohen started to talk back to him and it was so funny, he was such a happy boy. We got to their house and my dad wanted to give him a bath since he had been in the dirty airport all day. (and I mean all day... we left our house around 8 am, and we finally got to their house around 10:30pm) well first thing he whizzed all over grandpa and the wall. I didn't stop there, then next day he did the exact same thing when grandpa went to give him his second bath. It was so funny. My mom and I couldn't stop laughing. Besides what are little boys for... Grandpa didn't care one bit, he was loving it all! We are having such a blast out here. My mom and dad have been such a big help with him. If it weren't for missing Trav so much I might just stay out here a few more weeks. :) Here are a few pictures for now...

Grandpa bought Horton Hears a Who to read to a grumpy Kohen.

Kohen loves giving wet kisses especially slobbery ones to Grandpa!


Grandpa was a Kohen hog the whole 2 weeks! He didn't like to share much.



The first time Grandpa got to hold Kohen he just wanted to talk and talk. He was so happy!




Grandma got a little time with Kohen, but not much! Grandpa didn't like to share.

6 comments:

~Tara said...

Oh how fun! I'm laughing so hard right now! I can't believe he whizzed all over your dad!! That's really neat you were able to go visit them!!

Grant and Alli said...

Hey Nik and Kohen! I can't wait for you guys to get back so we can have a play day! :)Those pics are so cute!

YoungFamilyBlog said...

That is so great Nikki

Raquel said...

I'm so glad you got to visit your parents. I love all the pictures. He is SO cute!

The Hawaiian Howells said...

oh that is so cute. I cant believe how big kohen is getting already. i miss you guys come visit me please! LOVE MEG

Drew and Randi said...

Oh my gosh!! Kohen is getting so big!! I need to see him! hope we can have a play date soon! I'm glad you had such a great time seeing your parents!!

love ya..

trav&nikki

trav&nikki
My love and I in sunny Seattle
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker