Thursday, April 10, 2008



My mom got permission to come home for a few days because my dads brother passed away. He didn't get to leave the mission so my mom got to come and speak at the funeral for him. It was so good to have my mom home again, she is such a trooper sleeping on my couch! (There are plenty of beds next door at my in-laws, who are wonderful and always offer their home to her, but she wanted to be close to the baby. I don't blame her :)) She of course helped with the cooking, cleaning, burping, and diaper changing. Oh how I loved that, she is a saint and loves to change dirty diapers!! The last day of her stay she started to feel horrible and got a head cold. She unfortunatly passed it onto Kohen and that's what we have been dealing with last night and today. I feel so bad for the little guy, he can't breath out of his nose, so of course my mom got a call at 11:00 last night from me asking her what to do with the little guy. I didn't dare put him down for bed because I was afraid he couldn't breath well enough and I thought he would just stop breathing :( well, we made it through the night and we are dealing with lots of even poopier and runnier diapers and lots of boogers and sneezing. It is the saddest thing because Kohen is so helpless and looks miserable but it was worth seeing Grandma and getting all those kisses from her. Lucky for us we already had a trip planned to go out there and meet Grandpa for the first time at the end of the month. We are so excited. Kohen and I get to go out for 2 weeks and stay with them!! Grandpa said he is ready to start teaching Kohen to hold a golf club which will be a treat. (grandpa says you have to start them early!!) We can't wait!! Peoria here we come!!!

4 comments:

Raquel said...

Poor little sick guy! I bet he loved seeing grandma, though. Hey since you'll be in Peoria, you might as well come a little farther and visit me! That will be so fun to see your dad and sorry to hear about his brother. Love ya!

Pate said...

Kohen is such a cutie! Keep me updated on the whole teaching thing and let me know if there is anything I can do to help! KariLee

The Hawaiian Howells said...

Oh i just love you guys so much i want to eat that baby. I am sorry about the cold it seems to be going around. Well we are hanging out before you leave because i am going to have a nikki withdrawl when you leave. ps i loved shopping with you today. love meg

Grant and Alli said...

What a little stud he is! I can't believe how big he looks already.. I can't wait to hang out next week!

trav&nikki

trav&nikki
My love and I in sunny Seattle
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker